Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: using Poser to make story boards

  1. #1
    gaspode
    Guest gaspode's Avatar

    Post

    has any body ever used Poser to do story boards? It allows you to arange the lighting and and camera angles.
    Also, Poser 3 is on the cover of PC Plus this month

    ------------------
    'Cause of death... at this time, unknown...'
    'Unknown? What the..? He's had his fuckin' head sliced off!'

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Poser is probably the easiest 3d program to use for this kind of thing. But I find I end up spending half the time animating the camera in cool ways I could never achieve in real life and I end up being disapointed at what could have been. So for now I stick to the image in my head or a doodle on a scrap of paper.

    But poser 3 for free cant be bad. There is a full version of cinema 4d on the cover of Pc format too.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    You call them morons. I call them friends.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Using a 3d modelling program to create storyboards is cool idea. It cuts out the need for overly intricate pen art. Just use a cube (or an advanced skeleton, depending on your level of skill off course...) to represent your actor and you can convey some fairly in-depth motions to him/her come shoot day.

    More should use it...its easy.


    ------------------
    Jay & Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LEGO is good for storyboarding too. I recently found that out when I made Bad Land.

    smile
    Mods

    ------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove
    Anarchy Pictures

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    pencil, paper and rectangles ... lots of framing rectangles

    ------------------
    My dull website: http://www.cluscon.co.uk

    My dull filmography.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •